5 Ways to Become an Eco-Friendly Pet Owner
Here are 5 simple ways to reduce your carbon footprint as a pet owner.
- Make your own pet toys. Repurpose household items like old clothes into dog tug toys or reuse old boxes to make a cat fort. The possibilities are endless! Always make sure that playtime is supervised.
- Consider buying reusable supplies and eco-friendly products. Nowadays, there are many reusable pet goods including washable nappies and wee pads. A single washable nappy or reusable wee pad can keep plastic out of the landfill and save you money, too. Eco-friendly cat litter and biodegradable poop bags are also a good starting point.
- Buy in bulk when you can. Cut down on trips to the store or shipping fees when you purchase bigger bags of pet food.
- Consider preparing your pet's food at home. Aside from knowing what nutrients your pet is getting, you're also taking away unnecessary preservatives and fillers!
- Spay/neuter your pet. Lessen your pet's environmental impact by preventing unwanted pregnancies and overpopulation. A quick trip to the vet will do the trick.